Monday, November 05, 2007

Juggling in 3D 355: Taking up the role
Welcome to all our new subscribers. From this week, you can read Juggling in 3D from our blog http://3dcoaching.blogspot.com/ There's also a chance to post messages and read about new information and ideas. If you like what you see, please forward the link to others you know who will be interested.

Diane writes: Last week I took part in an exercise where I was given a sheet of paper with five concentric circles. Between the edge of each circle and in the very centre there was space to write. I was invited to write words in each of the circles that describe me. The facilitator pointed out that each time we do an exercise like this we will put words in different places, those closest to the centre are the most important descriptors each time we do it. I really enjoyed the exercise and was interested to see which words were closest to the centre. Suddenly a new word leapt into my brain, "Mother-in Law".

Two weeks ago we celebrated our younger daughter's wedding. It was a truly splendid affair which everyone tells me they enjoyed immensely. There was a very moving piece in the ceremony where the officiant helped my husband to hand over our daughter into the new relationship. There was all kinds of symbolism to be seen in the way each person's hands were linked. For me at that moment a new family unit was created. I became a "Mother-in-Law" and I have to work out with our daughter and her husband what that role will involve.

It is not often that we are reminded in such a wonderful and dramatic way about taking up a new role. It made me stop to reflect how often in the past I have failed to notice I am taking up a new role and perhaps not given it the attention it deserved. I feel it is worth asking ourselves the question everyday, "Who am I today? What roles do I need to prepare for?" I shall certainly be paying attention to how I take up my new role as "Mother-in Law"; it is one which needs to be worked at!

Email info@3dcoaching.com or call Diane on 0845 458 0156 if a coaching conversation will help you to take this forward.

(c) 2007 3D Coaching Ltd

Up to the minute information... discussion at our blog.
http://3dcoaching.blogspot.com/

Are you getting the interviews and then not getting the job?
Spend two hours with an experienced interviewer who will help you be the best you can be. No spin.
http://www.3dcoaching.com/career_coaching/interview_coaching.phtml

Strengthen your management team
Find out more about how we can help you to train managers in your organisation to use coaching skills and strengthen your team.
* Bespoke to fit your organisation
* Based on ICF Core Competencies
* Cascade through your organisation
* First Steps to ICF Portfolio Accreditation
* Include supervision to develop the skills your team are developing
To talk more about this , call Diane on 0845 458 0156 or email info@3dcoaching.com
http://www.3dcoaching.com/manager_as_coach.phtml

Become a Juggler
If you're a new reader, welcome! Click here to receive Juggling in 3D every week
http://www.3dcoaching.com/php/members.php?id=11

No comments: