Monday, November 19, 2007

Juggling in 3D 357: Valuing intuition

Diane writes: "A couple of weeks ago I needed to contact one of our coaches. I called her home number, work number and mobile. Moments after I had left my last message my phone rang and it was the person I had been trying to call. She had just thought it would be good to talk with me - she had no idea I had left three messages! This is something that happens to me very often. A person comes into my mind and moments later they ring. I wake up thinking about someone, drop them a card and then find out that the card arrived at just the right moment for them. This is intuition.

Some people have trouble believing in intuition. They think it is about guessing or getting lucky. The same people have even more difficulty in trusting intuition. Facts are tangible, real and verifiable; intuition is hard to get hold of, perhaps even a bit fluffy.
I want to encourage you to use and develop your intuition. Listen to your own inner voice and to the other messages your body is sending out about the people you meet and speak with. I am not advocating using intuition alone; intuition needs to be backed up by facts. Intuition is an important way of knowing.

In coaching we use intuition a great deal. Good coaches offer insights from intuition to their clients without attachment. If the insight lands, the client can pick it up and develop the idea. Last week I was working with a client who was struggling to find a way forward. Suddenly the word - systemic - came into my mind, I held it back until I felt I had to offer my intuition to the client. 'I am wondering if this problem is systemic?' Pause and then the light came on for my client, 'Yes! That's it!' and off she went into exploring her ideas for organisational change. How can you better value intuition?"

Email info@3dcoaching.com or call Diane on 0845 458 0156 if a coaching conversation will help you to take this forward.
(c) 2007 3D Coaching Ltd

Become a Juggler: If you're a new reader, welcome! Click here to receive Juggling in 3D every week http://www.3dcoaching.com/php/members.php?id=11

Are you getting the interviews and then not getting the job? Spend two hours with an experienced interviewer who will help you be the best you can be. No spin. http://www.3dcoaching.com/career_coaching/interview_coaching.phtml

Executive Coaching: Organisational benefits from coaching include improved teamwork, performance and productivity. What would be possible in your company if you or your staff had a thinking partner who would support, encourage and challenge as you develop and integrate your knowledge and your practice? To find out more, call Diane on 0845 458 0156http://www.3dcoaching.com/executive_coaching.phtml

Facilitators: Are you looking for excellent facilitation which allows you to get the best out of a meeting or away day without imposing a package? Outside facilitation brings an independence to an away day which can bear more fruit that doing it yourself. Out first question to you all is: What do you want to be different by the end of today? http://www.3dcoaching.com/facilitation.phtml

No comments: