Monday, September 06, 2010

3D Juggling 491: A Time to Share.... and a time to stay quiet

Su writes: "I arrived very early at the office this morning in order to get some outstanding work completed. In a large open plan office there is just me and one other colleague, head down,  working.  I fly through my work but with a sense of calm and enjoyment which comes from the knowledge that I am not going to be interrupted. It is nice to have the quiet companionship of a co-worker. The only sounds come from the clicking of the keys and the gentle white noise of the office.

It crosses my mind that I should turn round and tell my colleague what a good way to work this is, without the interruptions and with this calming peace around..... then I realise that to do this would be to destroy it. I would become an interruption.

Best to keep that gem to myself. Knowing when and when not to share is my first lesson today."

Love this? If you need some help in your organisation to make time to think, come out for a cup of coffee with us to talk about how we can help you.  We'll pay!

Discuss this week's juggling at http://www.3dcoaching.blogspot.com/


© 2010 3D Coaching Ltd
May be distributed freely.  Please retain contact details: www.3dcoaching.com and send a copy/ link to info@3dcoaching.com

Follow us on Twitter 3dclaire
             Facebook 3D Coaching

No comments: