Monday, September 06, 2010

3D Juggling 487: Data Junkies

Claire writes: 'I have lost count of the number of times I have heard people talk about doing another course to get more confident or knowledgeable in a certain area. Last week I was speaking at a networking meeting where small business owners are keen to grow their networks. There I found a desire to grow networks.

Growing knowledge and networks are great ideas.  And they need to be asked within the context:
What have I done with the knowledge that I have already?
What have I done with the contacts I have already?

I suspect I am a learning junkie, too.  And looking at my desk now I am asking myself - what have I done with the books I've already bought!  With encouragement from colleagues I am taking 3 calendar years to complete my supervision training. So far I have learned one new concept each year and taken 12 months to integrate it into my practice.  That's why Coaching for Excellence is popular in organisations because it helps managers and leaders work with colleagues to help them take time to think and to apply what they already know.

Putting knowledge or networks into action will grow your competency and confidence... and only then will you know: What next?'

Love this? Do us a favour and send it to five people. Who thinks like you?  You could send it to someone who is a learning junkie!

Discuss this week's juggling at http://www.3dcoaching.blogspot.com/


© 2010 3D Coaching Ltd
May be distributed freely.  Please retain contact details: www.3dcoaching.com and send a copy/ link to info@3dcoaching.com

Follow us on Twitter 3dclaire
             Facebook 3D Coaching

No comments: