Friday, December 17, 2010

3D Juggling 507: Looking carefully

We would like to take this opportunity to wish you a very Happy Christmas from all the 3D Team: Claire, Lynn, Jane and Sue; Liz, Clare, Peronel, Su, Richard, Nadia, and Kate.

Jane writes: "Last year I was visiting family and friends in Australia at Christmas and for the first time I didn’t put up any decorations in my house.  My friend, who considers the festive season to have truly arrived once she can see my tree lights sparkling from her window, expressed her disappointment.  This year I determined to make a show, and was looking forward to decorating my tree.  I carefully (so I thought) tested the tree lights before draping them over the branches and adding an uncoordinated array of baubles and silver foil bells made by the little people in my life.  Then I turned them on again and – you guessed – they didn’t work!   

Actually that’s not strictly true.  The blue and green bulbs worked, but not the yellow and red ones.  I realised that when I’d checked them I’d just looked to see if they lit up - I took a quick glance, saw twinkling, and was satisfied. 

This is a time of year for looking carefully – to see who might need our help to be able to enjoy the festivities without feeling lonely or overwhelmed, or maybe needs support and encouragement as they face uncertainty about their job.  Where could you be looking?  How could you help? 

We should also look for opportunities to enjoy ourselves. I managed to disentangle the lights from my tree and they have been replaced by some new ones –along with some caramel filled chocolate bells. Mmmm!"

Discuss this week's juggling at http://www.3dcoaching.blogspot.com/


© 2010 3D Coaching Ltd
May be distributed freely.  Please retain contact details: www.3dcoaching.com and send a copy/ link to info@3dcoaching.com

No comments: