Thursday, December 10, 2009

3D Juggling 459: TK Maxx

Claire writes: 'I have resorted to internet shopping this year, simply as a time saver. I knew half of what I was going to buy for Mike but it was an interesting experience when I was looking for his other present. In the end I resorted to coming up with a half good idea and then searching on Amazon. Undoubtedly a better fitting and more exciting gift would have resulted from a day milling round the shops.

The internet may be the saviour of Christmas shopping, but it can severely hamper our job search. Unless you are looking for exactly the same job in a similar sector, be careful of job search sites which try and box you. If I had gone to TK Maxx for Mike I would have had no idea what I was looking for. But I would have found something great by searching through every rail. And I'd have known what it was when I found it. So if you're looking for a new job, start by going window shopping with a department store mentality. Wander round and look everywhere. Make a list of ideas as you go. Because even Sock Shop or Wine Rack would constrain you.

And if you're interested in doing that with one of us, call us about a Career Makeover.

Love this? Do us a favour and send it to five people. Who thinks like you? You could send it to someone who is being restricted by internet searching.

Discuss this week's juggling at http://www.3dcoaching.blogspot.com/


© 2009 3D Coaching Ltd
May be distributed freely. Please retain contact details: www.3dcoaching.com and send a copy/ link to info@3dcoaching.com

Follow us on Twitter 3dclaire
Facebook 3D Coaching

Coming Soon:
21st January Action Learning Set Facilitator Training - London
http://www.3dcoaching.com/3d_training/train_to_facilitate_action_learning_sets.phtml

No comments: